Saturday, March 3, 2012

My daughter lives in Arizona and her ex-boyfriend recently moved to NY. While they lived together they bought furniture. They split up and he left the furniture there and said he would send money to ship it to NY. Well 3 months have passed and he hasn't sent any money. She has paid for a storage unit for 3 months now. Does this furniture now belong to her?|||The minute she rented the storage unit and moved the furniture in she created a 'bailment'. Now she is required to take more than ordinary care of the items.

If she does anything with the items she can be held civilly liable for their cost.

I stronly suggest she send the ex a certified (RRR) letter to the following example:

Dear [HIM]

As agreed, I have been waiting for you to inform me as to the disposition of items you left upon your recent move. As of the date of this letter, I have heard nothing from you regarding the items [List them]

Therefore, I find it necessary to demand that you either make arrangements to retrieve the items within 5 calendar days from receipt of this letter or I will take your lack of action as permission to dispose of the items as I see fit.

[Her name]

She satisfies the legal requirement of a demand and he is on notice. She should not do a thing until five days after she receives confirmation he signed for the letter.

Then, she can either keep the items or sell them and her bailment is over.|||Stop paying the storage and it will be auctioned off! It can never be hers.

火车采集器

No comments:

Post a Comment