Friday, February 17, 2012

I am going to college in Kansas near Kansas City, and I have my heart set to move to Scottsdale, Arizona, around the Phoenix area. My cousin lives there, and I love it!
I've heard that the curriculum in Arizona (in grade, middle, and high schools) isn't that good, especially compared to Kansas and other midwestern states.
But, I've also heard that the schools are improving.
Can you tell me anything about that?

I am looking in to teaching history at a high school level.|||Good luck to you. The schools in Arizona are underfunded, pay teachers poorly, and class sizes are large. There is a lawsuit regarding the poor response to standardized tests; here is a quote:

In the lawsuit, Plaintiffs allege that the state鈥檚 school funding system is arbitrary and not based on educational need. Plaintiffs allege Arizona ranks near the bottom in most national educational rankings; Arizona is next to last in school funding; Arizona ranks fourth from the bottom in teacher/student ratio; Arizona class sizes are above the national average; and Arizona鈥檚 dropout rate is high.
http://www.lawhelp.org/Program/729/RTF1.鈥?/a>

The first year that the standardized tests were required was 2006, not much improvement has been made since then.

Hope this helps|||Its good, I grew up in AZ.

火车采集器

No comments:

Post a Comment