Thursday, February 9, 2012

It seems in Arizona that a father is considered the secondary parent, even when the mother has shown to be unstable. I am in no way wealthy, but need to seek legal counsel to gain custody of my daughter. Does anyone know of any resources?|||Get a fathers rights lawyer... I'm a second wife to a man with 3 little boys. He really messed up and got a cheap lawyer.. Now we have a fathers rights attorney that I found on the internet and she has helped us tremendously!

Does the child live with you or the mother right now? Who left? If I were you, I would google everything I could about fathers getting custody.

May the good Lord be with you during this time!|||My heart goes out to you and all of the good fathers out there that want to get custody of their children from an unstable, unfit mother. I realize how hard it is to do so. I wish that I could help you as far as legal help in Arizona, unfortunately I haven't got a clue how to help. It hits close to my heart to hear of any good father wanting to get their child because my husband and I fought for over a year to gain physical custody of his little girl. It was a difficult battle because it's hard to take custody away from a mother, no matter how unfit she is. My step daughter endured a lot of abuse and still had to sit in the middle of it while we tried to prove our case. The only advice I can give you that may help is this:
Document everything, if you have evidence of her mother being unfit, be sure to document it.
We had a child custody evaluation done by a psychiatrist the judge trusted. This could help you if it is in your favor. I think, in the end that is what helped my husband win custody of his daughter. I wish you the best of luck in finding reasonably priced legal counsel and I wish you luck to win this battle.|||If there is no custody order in effect right now, then neither you or your ex has custody. You can take your daughter and not give her back to her mom, and not even the police can force you to return her. BUT....be prepared that if you do keep her, then you better already have a stable environment for her. Schooling, day care, her own room, etc....showing there is no reason she cannot live with you. You also need to file for primary physical custody immediately, before your ex does. If your daughter is already established at your plae, the courts usually do not like to make changes.|||Obviously I would fine someone experienced in child custody. There are plenty of online resources to find lawyers, some also offer specialty options where you can look for lawyers who specifically deal with certain issues.
Once you've found a lawyer they will most likely ask you for a history of your wife to show she is unstable. They may be able to request medical records proving this (the lawyer will know about this more).
If you can't afford a lawyer you can always try to find one Pro Bono, or contact Legal Aid. Despite what many will say, there are plenty of good lawyers who do Pro Bono work and who work at Legal Aid. Give them your story and you'll be surprised at how many will want to help you protect that child.
Best of luck,
Pamela|||My mother flat out LEFT my sister and I when we were young, and my dad still had to fight the court with a letter in hand from my mother stating that she did not want her kids and that he could have them, no contest. It took him a year to convince the courts that he was the better parent - all because he was a man.... and YES, this was in Arizona.

My advice to you is to live the most straight laced life you could EVER imagine. Document EVERYTHING. Hire a private detective if you have to. You have to prove that she is so horrible that even (gasp!) a man, the father of the child, would be a better choice than her. You could also try to cut the mother a deal - tell her that you won't seek child support. Be willing to put this fight on credit cards if you have to. Your daughter is more important than money. Trust me, the mother will have no problem dragging you into financial hell! Fight, fight, fight!!! Do not give up! It is an up hill battle, that's for damn sure... but good for you for not backing down and taking the visitation that most men get stuck with.

Take it from me - I thank God every day that my dad fought so hard for us. He was 23 with a 2 year old and a 9 month old (both girls). It could not have been easy, but the life we would have had with our mother would have been hell. I can not even begin to imagine. That little girls is 50% YOURS. You may not have carried her in your belly, but that was not your choice. God chose who got that honor. It doesn't make you any less her parent!!! Without YOU, she would not exist

Good luck to you!|||Get a good lawyer and strike first. You have to prove that she is unfit, which will be hard. Usually father's that win get 50% time with their kid, that is for the most part, best case scenario. $6,000 will probably get through a normal case. Good luck, this must be a tough time for you. As a man in this situation your cards are stacked against you. Not an answer you are looking for, sorry...|||Try:

Arizona Lawyer Referral Service
303 East Palm Lane
Phoenix, Arizona 85004
(602) 257-4434

or

http://www.azbar.org to search for AZ attorneys and maybe you will be able to find one that will help you pro bono (free of charge).|||i can suggest u a website that will help you in just about everything...be it emotional or finacial issues related to divorce...it helped me and my friend, hope you like it ...arizona related info can be found on this page

http://www.aboutdivorce.org/az/arizona.h鈥?/a>

best of luk |||I was divorced in AZ, and it took a lil time, but I did get my kids!
Document all her negative actions, keep a journal, and find a reasonable lawyer!
25 years ago, and our life has been great together!
good luck to ya!|||Take a look at myfamilyissues.com and follow the links to child custody for men.

火车采集器

No comments:

Post a Comment