Monday, February 6, 2012

I am planning on taking a class to help me pass the PTCE in Phoenix, Arizona. Aside from taking this class, I am working towards my Associates in Science degree after which I will work to get my Pharm.D. How much can I expect to make starting out as a certified tech.? How much of a difference does it make if I were to work at CVS/Walgreens versus at a hospital?
Thanks for any answers,
Scott|||In general you can expect to start out around $10-12/hour. For people with experience, the hospital setting can pay more, but starting out they are close. For experience to help prepare you for pharmacy school, try and get into a hospital. Best of luck,|||The trainee license is for non-certified pharmacy technicians to get a license for training purposes. These license holders may train as a pharmacy technician in Arizona for up to two years. There are no special requirements because this license exists for the purpose of getting hands-on training. While Arizona and other states do have a number of pharmacy technician training programs, Arizona public policy seems to favor having future techs get hands-on training at an actual pharmacy. The employing pharmacist conducts the training.|||I live in NJ so pay rates are much different but hope this helps: a friend of mine used to work with me @ Walgreens as a CPhT and he was making $11.50/hr starting. He left & worked at a bank for a while then decided to go work for CVS (this was like a year later) as a CPhT and he now only makes $9.75/hr at CVS.
When I first was lookin for a job at 16 NJ state minimum wage was $6.75. CVS was going to pay me $6.75 and Walgreens hired me at $7.25/hr. Walgreens tends to pay hire rates.

However, if that doesn't convince you then think about this: all 7,100+ of Walgreens pharmacies are connected. To fill ANY script just plug in a DOB and last name. CVS has to register people even if they have been to another CVS before, thus usually pissing them off.

火车采集器

No comments:

Post a Comment